Community Partner Application
46th Annual SF LGBT Pride Celebration
For Racial and Economic Justice
June 25 and 26, 2016
Deadline: Application Deadline extended to May 9th.
Thank you for your interest in the Community Partner Program of the San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration and Parade. The 46th Annual San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration and Parade is June 25 & 26, 2016. Community Partner organizations are responsible for providing and managing volunteers for the SF Pride Celebration.
The SF Pride Celebration is a festival that takes place at Civic Center Plaza and the surrounding neighborhood, with more than one million attendees over a two-day period.
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Festival Hours: Noon to 6:00 PM (volunteer shifts begin earlier and end later)
Sunday, June 26, 2016
Festival Hours: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (volunteer shifts begin earlier and end later)
The Community Partners Program is open to any non-profit organization based in the nine Bay Area counties whose mission involves service to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender communities, animal welfare/rights, people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, or homelessness.
- Proof of 501c3 Status. All community partner organizations are required to submit a letter of determination indicating their 501c3 status.
- Minimum Number of Volunteers and Job Requirements. Community Partner organizations must be able to provide the minimum number of volunteers required as well as fulfill the specific volunteer responsibilities outlined in the Job Descriptions below.
- Mandatory Training. There is mandatory training for all volunteers in the weeks preceding the event.
- Recruitment. Community Partners must recruit and manage their own volunteers in fulfillment of their obligations as a Community Partner. Your volunteers are working for you in support of your partnership with SF Pride.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS and PROCEEDS
GATE DONATION PARTNERS
Gate Donation Partners will staff and collect donations at the Celebration entry gates. 50% of the net proceeds from all gate donations collected are shared among the Gate Donation Partners based on the number of volunteer hours recorded for each organization. Requirements:
- Must be able to work shifts on one or both of the Celebration dates.
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 10 volunteers.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours in the sun while collecting donations.
- A representative of the Community Partner organization who will act as a supervisor at the Celebration must attend a mandatory training session prior to the event.
Beverage Partners will staff and operate one of our Official Beverage Booths. Beverage Partners share a minimum of 25% of the NET proceeds (Gross earnings MINUS expenses including the cost of booth structures, technicians, tables, chairs, ice, product, cups, storage bins, dumpster, forklift expenses, license cost, radio, liquor liability insurance, sales tax, staffing costs and other related expenses as defined by SF Pride) from the beverage booth they operate.
- Must be able to provide a minimum of SIX volunteers on Saturday, or TWELVE volunteers on Sunday between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
- Exact staffing requirements are location dependent and will be communicated to partner by June 1st electronically.
- Must be able to provide TWO people from 6.30am to 9pm.
- Must be able to provide volunteers to work in shifts throughout the day in the Beverage Partners booth, to meet the booth staffing requirements.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours as well as to be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Must be able to setup the beverage booth according to directions given, unload product, run the beverage booth during the day and then load unused product back at end-of-day.
- All Beverage Partner volunteers must have attended an Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Certification Training within the last three years, or attend one of the ABC Certification Trainings scheduled for the 2016 event.
- Three (3) supervisors must attend a mandatory Beverage Orientation Meeting, date to be determined.
- Additional trainings maybe required (for example Liquor Tower operation training), and Beverage Partner is expected to supply volunteers to attend these trainings as indicated.