Current Employment Opportunities and Internships
SF Pride is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age, or physical disability.
Application Deadline: position open until filled
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Committee, Inc. is a nonprofit membership-based organization founded to produce the San Francisco Pride Parade and Celebration. SF Pride is dedicated to education, celebration, liberation, and commemoration of our community’s heritage. This community includes Queer, Trans, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Intersex, and Asexual (TLGBQIA+) individuals.
About the Position
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader with a strong background and demonstrated evidence of engaging with the community, building partnerships, and planning with the goal of achieving equity and justice for the TLGBQIA+ community. They must have experience in staff and volunteer management, planning, financial management skills, a proven track record in raising funds, experience with local government agencies, and sponsorships. A background in large-scale event production, contingency planning is required. The candidate should be a proven consensus-builder and collaborator able to clearly articulate SF Pride’s goals and policies to the public and elected officials. Experience in conflict resolution, facilitation, and advocating for under-represented groups will be highly valued.
SF Pride Production
- ● Manage and provide strategic direction for all aspects of SF Pride production, including staffing, fundraising, program development, planning and logistics, marketing and media relations, and community partnerships.
- ● Maintain a working relationship with community, civic, and business leaders, which encourages and facilitates engagement in SF Pride.
- ● Ensure the SF Pride Parade and Celebration reflects the organization’s vision and mission, while promoting and facilitating participation of the diverse TLGBQIA+ community as well as the broad community of San Francisco.
Vision and Strategic Development
- ● Lead in the development of a collective vision rooted in SF Pride’s core values and based on an assessment of the changing conditions that influence the impact, relevancy and sustainability of the organization and the annual celebration.
- ● In partnership with the Board of Directors, lead SF Pride through planning that determines strategies and action steps required to pursue our vision.
- ● Collaborate with Board of Directors, staff, contractors, members and community in the visioning and strategic planning process.
- ● Responsible for primary fundraising strategies — including oversight of execution of fundraising, grant writing, and cultivating donor, government, and corporate sponsor relations for the SF Pride events and general operations.
- ● Work closely with Board to develop and implement a fundraising and development plan.
- ● Cultivate fundraising relationships that promote community social responsibility and organizational financial sustainability
Financial and Organizational Mangement
- ● Develop and efficiently manage budgets, accounts, billings, and overall fiscal management, in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- ● Strong financial leadership to manage a portfolio of diverse revenue streams.
- ● Ensure maintenance of official records of SF Pride activities and meetings, and filing of quarterly reports with the board.
- ● Support the Board of Directors to successfully carry out its roles and meet its goals.
- ● Cultivate relationships with and among Board members, and between Board and staff.
Staff, volunteer, Member and Contractor Management
- ● Recruit and supervise staff, interns, and contractors.
- ● Ensure training and professional development of staff and volunteers, in compliance with local, state and federal human resource policies.
- ● Create a fabulous work environment where people feel valued and enjoy coming to work.
Community Engagement and Advocacy
- ● Serve as a spokesperson for SF Pride.
- ● Raise the public profile of SF Pride’s ongoing community activities and programming.
- ● Large-scale event production and management experience.
- ● Non-profit management experience.
- ● Demonstrated evidence of non-profit leadership.
- ● Demonstrated evidence in successful fundraising.
- ● Experience leading, building, and working effectively with a diverse Board of Directors.
- ● Track record of advocacy on issues related to the TLGBQIA+ community.
- ● Experience building relationships with diverse community members and organizations that highlight the needs and values of underserved and under-represented groups within the TLGBQIA+ community
- ● Experience working with the TLGBQIA+ community
- ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ● Excellent business and organizational skills.
- ● Demonstrated diplomatic and people skills.
- ● Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience.
- ● Non-profit management experience.
- ● Multilingual
Salary and Benefits
SF Pride is offering a competitive salary based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications, along with a benefits package.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in the position to EDSearch@sfpride.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT SF PRIDE REGARDING THIS POSITION
SF Pride is an equal opportunity employer and does not not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
To learn more about SF Pride, visit us at www.sfpride.org