Current Employment Opportunities and Internships
SF Pride is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age, or physical disability.
Main Stage Production Intern for SF LGBT Pride Celebration
The SF LGBT Pride Main Stage Production Team is seeking an enthusiastic, extremely organized and motivated intern to join the team! The planning for Pride’s Main Stage is dynamic and extremely fast-paced and we are looking for an intern who will thrive in this environment. This internship opportunity will get hands-on event production experience from initial planning through day-of run of show.
About SF Pride & Main Stage: The Mission of the San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Celebration Committee is to educate the world, commemorate our heritage, celebrate our culture, and liberate our people. The Main Stage is the largest stage at the SF Pride Celebration and is located in Civic Center Plaza at the steps of the majestic City Hall.
This internship is for a period of 3 months, beginning April 1st, 2017, including required availability for SF Pride weekend (June 24 & 25). Applicants must live in San Francisco / Bay Area. Having your own vehicle or access to one is a huge plus. This is an unpaid position for real, hands-on, live event production experience.
The Production Intern will support and work directly with the team to assist with, and/or be responsible for, duties related to producing the Main Stage. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings in San Francisco
- Speaker/People of Interest research, reviews and outreach
- Email correspondence with producers, artists, speakers and/or vendors. This includes managing and/or organizing contracts and gathering all necessary information for web/print production, hospitality riders and day-of event logistics.
- Manage artist/speaker travel arrangements, promo forms and record-keeping
- Draft/manage web and print production (bios, videos, etc.)
- Manage travel packets (digital and physical)
- Manage/organize staff binders including all pertinent information needed day-of
- Manage Main Stage access passes needed for two-day event
- Special projects, as needed
- This internship requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
- Intern will be asked to work additional hours during the two weeks leading up to event weekend
- ALL hours event weekend: Saturday, June 24th and Sunday, June 25th
- Possession or access to a vehicle is a huge plus
- Must have interest and some level of experience working and/or volunteering with events
- Must be extremely proficient with Google Apps – most importantly, Drive Sheets, Forms & Docs
- Comfortable with multitasking and a keen ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively communicate with others and confidence in being assertive
- Obsessive attention to detail and organization
- Ability to lift 25 pounds To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter expressing your passion for event production and the SF Pride mission, with the email Subject Line: SF Pride Main Stage Intern Application, to email@example.com.
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for all office communications
- Manage office, supply and equipment inventory and maintenance
- Maintain record filings and receive deliveries
- Maintain a well-organized office space
- Prepare documents and generating reports, maintain office files and manage databases as needed
- Assist with special events and provide meeting support
- Solicit donations for special events
- Coordinate some travel and scheduling arrangements
- Work with and support volunteers on various projects as they arise
- Interest in administrative, customer service, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and a high level of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Flexible schedule (and ability to assist on evening or weekends on occasion)
- Ability to work without supervision
- Problem solver
- Valid California driver’s license is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team with a commitment to service and excellence
- Develop professional administrative and outdoor event support experience
- Opportunity to work at one of the most exciting and dynamic LGBT nonprofit organizations in the Bay Area
- Plus extras
ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNS (2018)
Administrative Interns assist with general office, Accounting, IT and Marketing activities as determined and directed by the Executive Director (ED) and the Project Manager (PM). Additionally, Administrative Interns assist and work with the Board of Directors. Administrative Interns will be responsible for assisting the ED and PM with general office duties including, but not limited to, manage small tasks, ownership on different projects, greeting guests, record filing, support special events, and daily office needs.
Hours & compensation: We are seeking full-time and part-time interns. These are unpaid internships.
Duration: February through June, 2017
If interested in applying, please send an email with Subject Line: SF Pride Intern Opportunity including your resume and cover letter.