The 2019 Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday, September 21The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is a meeting of the membership of San Francisco Pride. Pride’s membership assists the organization in accomplishing the vision for the organization and the annual Celebration and Parade, in addition to raising funds and conducting outreach for the organization.
The AGM will be held in the Rainbow Room at the LGBT Center, from 11am – 5pm.
On the agenda at the AGM:
Board ElectionsThree (3) seats are up for election on the Board of Directors.
Members who are eligible to vote and present at the AGM are able to cast a ballot.
In order to meet eligibility, members must have been in good standing for at least 60 days.
In 2019, the record date for voting at the AGM was July 24 at 6:00pm. Members who registered after that date will not be able to cast a vote at the AGM.
In order to be seated on the Board, a candidate must receive 50% +1 of the total ballots cast at the AGM.
All candidates will be given an opportunity to make a short verbal statement at the AGM, followed by a question-and-answer period.
Board members volunteer their service to the organization and are asked to serve a three-year term. Terms follow our fiscal year calendar and run from October through September. Board members elected at the 2019 AGM will be seated at the October 2019 Board meeting and serve from that date through September, 2022.
Meet our current Board Members.
Membership Meeting Dates for 2019-2020
At the AGM, the membership present will approve the dates for meetings in 2019 and 2020. Meetings occur every other month, and usually take place at either the Pride offices or at another central location such as the LGBT Center. The meeting dates and general meeting tasks for the previous year are found below.
November 14, 2018
- Start accepting suggestions for Community Grand Marshals.
- State of the Agency Presentation from Staff.
- Suggestions for Community Grand Marshals close.
- Members submit nominations for the Members-Only Ballot for Community Grand Marshal.
- Solicit input from Members regarding event content (speaker topics, entertainment, etc.)
- Announce winners of the Community Grand Marshal public vote.
- Conduct Members-Only Community Grand Marshal ballot voting.
- Event Updates.
- Solicit post-event feedback from the Membership.
- Begin accepting nominations for upcoming Board Elections.
- Annual General Meeting and Board Elections.